Toddler in ND hospital out of intensive care

Published 9:09 am Tuesday, October 8, 2013

FARGO, N.D. — A 1-year-old Minnesota boy who was poisoned when he bit into a Tide detergent pod is out of the pediatric intensive care unit at a North Dakota hospital.

Alexander Rhode from Hitterdal was flown to Sanford’s Pediatric Intensive Care Unit in Fargo more than a week ago.

Donations to help with the mounting medical bills can go to any Gate City Bank location.

Email newsletter signup

Family members say he thought the pod was a treat.