Comedic duo will hold 2 shows
Published 10:41 am Thursday, November 7, 2013
A comedic and musical duo will entertain local residents at two different shows this weekend.
The Fabulous Vegas Guys perform everything from Elvis to Neil Diamond, comedy and impersonations. The show full of variety will be at 7:30 p.m. Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday.
Both shows are at the Marion Ross Performing Arts Center. Tickets are $20 and are available at the box office. Those who bring a nonperishable food item will receive $5 back. Food donations benefit the Ecumenical Food Pantry.
Email newsletter signup
• To learn more about Saturday’s opera, Albert Leans can attend a Meet the Met event at 12:15 p.m. at Prairie Wind Coffee. The event is free and open to the public.
• Ascension Lutheran Church will host a burger basket night and bake sale from 6 to 8 p.m. Youth from the church will serve burgers, with fries and a drink, and cost is $8. Funds raised will support youth activities at the church and help all children attend monthly youth activities.
• The second annual Lloyd and Ardis Peterson Cancer Education Symposium will be from 8 a.m. to noon at Wedgewood Cove Golf Club. Speakers will be Mary J. Nelson, author and pastor, Dr. John Laurie, Dr. Brent Bauer and Edward Hinchcliffe of the Hormel Institute. The symposium is free and open to the public, and lunch is provided.
• The Albert Lea Farmers Market will be open from 9 a.m. to noon in the Northbridge Mall.
• The 28th annual holiday craft fair in Alden will be from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. The Alden American Legion Auxiliary hosts the event at the Alden-Conger School. There will be crafts, homemade gift items, a noon meal and a concession stand with food and beverages.
• The public is welcome to attend a dedication of a new veterans memorial at the Bohemian Cemetery near Myrtle at 10 a.m. The Glenville-Emmons High School band will provide patriotic music. After the ceremony, all are invited to the Brick Hall for fellowship and a short history of the memorial.
• “Tosca,” an opera by Giacomo Puccini, will be simulcast at 11:55 a.m. at the Marion Ross Performing Arts Center. The show is part of New York Metropolitan Opera’s Live from the Met program that broadcasts operas to theaters in the nation. “Tosca” is a passionate tale set to some of Puccini’s most beautiful music. The opera is approximately 3 1/2 hours with two intermissions. It is sung in Italian with English subtitles. General tickets are $20; student tickets are $12.
• The Alden American Legion will host a steak fry from 5 to 8 p.m. Menu includes a 10-ounce ribeye, baked potatoes, coleslaw and garlic toast. Cost is $13 per person, veterans receive a $5 discount.
• The Fabulous Vegas Guys perform at 7:30 p.m. at the Marion Ross Performing Arts Center. Tickets are $20.
• Scott Gillis from Creation Ministries International will speak at 8 a.m. at Round Prairie Lutheran Church of rural Glenville, then again at 10:30 a.m. at Faith Lutheran Church in London.
• A breakfast will be from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Albert Lea American Legion for veterans and their families. Cost is $5.
• The Fabulous Vegas Guys perform at 2 p.m. at the Marion Ross Performing Arts Center. Tickets are $20.