Firefighters go to electrical explosion

Published 10:01 am Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Firefighters go to electrical explosion

Albert Lea firefighters responded to a reported electrical explosion at 1009 St. John Ave. at 5:41 p.m. Monday. The house was reportedly filling up with smoke when authorities were called. No further information was available as of press time.


Carbon monoxide detector sounds

The Albert Lea Fire Department responded to a report of a carbon monoxide detector that went off at 304 Lloyd Place at 5:44 p.m. Monday. The occupants were able to get out of the home safely.


Break-ins reported

A garage was reported broken into at 1010 Lincoln Ave. at 11:59 p.m. Monday. A 26-foot extension ladder was taken.

A garage at 707 Columbus Ave. was reported broken into at 12:48 p.m. Monday. An autographed football helmet was taken.


Damage reported

A 2013 Honda Civic was reported keyed to the Freeborn County Sheriff’s Office Monday afternoon. The owner of the car did not know when or where the damage occurred.

The front screen door was reported broken at 8:13 a.m. Monday at 1502 Manor Ave., police stated.