You Can Help

Published 9:00 am Sunday, April 13, 2014

The following are some of the volunteer opportunities currently open in Freeborn County.  If you can help with any of them or would like to volunteer for others, call Carrie Paulson, retired and senior volunteer program director, at Senior Resources, 377-7433.

Thorne Crest Retirement Community: Volunteers are needed to accompany residents to doctor visits. Volunteers would only be a companion in this role. Please call Carrie Paulson at 377-7433 if you are willing to help out.

SeMcAc/Senior Towers Shady Oaks: Volunteers are needed for at 10:30 am. on Mondays to deliver meals from Senior Towers to Shady Oaks. Please call Carrie Paulson at 377-7433 if you are willing to help with this service.

Email newsletter signup

NAPS(Nutrition Assistance Program for Seniors): Able-bodied volunteers are needed to help deliver the NAPS boxes, which are approximately 20 pounds, to Senior Towers and Senior Court every third Monday of the month. There are also some home deliveries throughout Albert Lea that need to be done. If you have a truck and can help deliver to those in need please call Carrie Paulson or Amanda Evans at 377-7433.


RSVP, a program of Senior Resources of Freeborn County, receives some funding through the United Way of Freeborn County, the Minnesota Board on Aging, and the Corporation for National and Community Service.