Weekend Planner: Echo Step students hold their first showcase
Published 10:33 am Thursday, May 29, 2014
By Hannah Dillon
Students from Echo Step Studio of Dance will “Step Out” this weekend in their first ever studio showcase.
“Step Out” will be at 7 p.m. Friday at the Albert Lea High School auditorium.
Email newsletter signup
Students from Echo Step will perform ballet, jazz, tap, contemporary and hip-hop routines. There will also be some guest performances throughout the evening.
Tickets can be bought at Echo Step, 1416 W. Main St., for $6. Tickets can also be purchased at the door for $8 for adults, $7 for students.
More information about Echo Step Studio of Dance can be found at http://www.echostep.co.
• Staff of the Chamber of Commerce and KATE/KCPI will be at the corner of Broadway and Main Street to raise funds for the Fourth of July fireworks show. Their goal is $16,000. They will be there from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Come buy a new book at the Friends of the Albert Lea Public Library Spring Book Sale. This sale will be from noon to 6 p.m. at the City Center Garage.
• Seniors from Glenville-Emmons will graduate at 7 p.m. at Glenville-Emmons High School, 230 Fifth St. S.E., Glenville.
• Seniors from Alden-Conger will graduate at 7 p.m. at Alden-Conger High School, 215 N. Broadway, Alden.
• Stop by the Albert Lea Farmers Market for fresh produce, baked goods and more. The market will be from 9 a.m. to noon at the Northbridge Mall parking lot.
• Spring Soil Health Field Day will be 9 a.m. to noon, 29825 County Road 45, Clarks Grove.
• The Battle of Bancroft Bay disc golf tournament will be at 10 a.m., Bancroft Bay Park, off of Hammer Road. It is operated by Everyday Disc Golf of Cottage Grove.
• Come buy a new book at the Friends of the Albert Lea Public Library Spring Book Sale. This sale will be from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the City Center Garage.
• Collect pledges, go bowling, win prizes and have a great time at the Arc Presents Bowl-A-Thon. Bowling is free with $30 in pledges and become eligible to win prizes with $50 in pledges. The Bowl-A-Thon will be from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. at Holiday Lanes, 522 Prospect Ave.
• Go back to the days of barbershop quartets with the Harmony Junction Barbershop Chorus’ show “Viva Las Vegas.” There are two shows, 3 p.m. and 7 p.m., at the Marion Ross Performing Art Center, 147 N. Broadway Ave. Tickets are $12 in advance or $14 at the door. Tickets can be bought at Addie’s Floral, Hy-Vee, the Albert Lea-Freeborn County Chamber of Commerce or Cup of Faith.
• Watch the Albert Lea Grizzlies at Tri-State Buffalos, 6 p.m., at Hills-Beaver Creek High School, 301 N. Summit Ave., Hills.
• Enjoy a concert with cover band Bad Monkey under the stars from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Big Island Grille & Bar, 2306 Main St. Admission is $5.
• Enjoy breakfast 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Eagles Club, 205 W. William St. Pancakes, eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, juice, milk and coffee will be served. Admission is $7.
• Everyone is welcome at the Alden American Legion breakfast from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Alden American Legion Club, 151. N. Broadway, Alden. Pancakes, sausage links, milk, juice and coffee will be served. Admission is $5, under age 6 is free.
• See the sights of Albert Lea from the water with the Pelican Breeze II public cruise. The cruise starts at 1:30 p.m., so attendees must be at the boat by 1:15 p.m. The cruise boards at Frank Hall Park, off of Frank Ave. A minimum of 10 passengers is needed to go on the cruise. Admittance is $10 per person.
• Seniors from United South Central High School will graduate at 2 p.m. at United South Central High School, 250 2nd Ave. S.W., Wells.