You Can Help

Published 1:23 pm Monday, May 12, 2014

Thorne Crest Retirement Community

Volunteers are needed to accompany residents to doctor visits. Volunteers would only be a companion in this role. Call Carrie Paulson, Retired and Senior Volunteer Program director, at 507-377-7433 if you are willing to help out.


Open Streets 

Volunteers are needed for various tasks with this event on June 14. Help with the Moai booth to sign up those wanting to participate. Volunteers are needed at the Open Streets headquarter tent for information and to assist with sign up sheets. Call Paulson at 507-377-7433 if you are interested.


Semcac/Senior Towers/Shady Oaks

Volunteers are needed at 10:30 a.m. on Mondays to deliver meals from Senior Towers to Shady Oaks. Call Paulson at 507-377-7433 if you are willing to help with this vital service.


Nutrition Assistance Program for Seniors

Able-bodied volunteers are needed to help deliver the NAPS boxes, which are about 20 pounds, to Senior Towers and Senior Court every third Monday of the month. There are also home deliveries throughout Albert Lea that need to be done. If you have a truck and can help deliver to those in need call Paulson or Amanda Evans at 507-377-7433.


About this

If you can help with volunteer opportunities in Freeborn County or would like to volunteer for others, call Paulson at Senior Resources 507-377-7433.

RSVP, a program of Senior Resources of Freeborn County, receives some funding through the United Way of Freeborn County, the Minnesota Board on Aging and the Corporation for National and Community Service.