You Can Help

Published 9:00 am Sunday, July 27, 2014

St. John’s Lutheran Community

Volunteers for various jobs are needed. If you are available contact Carla Reichel, volunteer coordinator, at 507-373-8226 or Carrie Paulson at 507-377-7433.


Thorne Crest Retirement Community

Volunteers are needed to accompany residents to doctor visits. Volunteers would only be a companion in this role. Call Paulson at 507-377-7433 if you are willing to help out.


Nutrition Assistance Program for Seniors

Able-bodied volunteers are needed to help deliver the NAPS boxes, which are approximately 20 pounds, to Senior Tower and Senior Court every third Monday of the month. There are also some home deliveries throughout Albert Lea that need to be done. If you have a truck and can help deliver to those in need call Paulson or Amanda Evans at 507-377-7433.


Meals on the Go

Volunteers are needed Monday through Friday to deliver meals to clients in the Albert Lea area. Call Paulson if you are willing to help at 507-377-7433.


Ride Services of Freeborn County

Volunteers are needed to drive clients to various locations. This requires the use of your own car and mileage is reimbursed. For details call Paulson or Carol Marth at 507-377-7433.


About this

If you can help with volunteer opportunities in Freeborn County or would like to volunteer for others, call Paulson at Senior Resources 507-377-7433.

RSVP, a program of Senior Resources of Freeborn County, receives some funding through the United Way of Freeborn County, the Minnesota Board on Aging and the Corporation for National and Community Service.