The ultimate chicken fingers
Oh fall, how I love you so! But as the air turns crisper, the apples get picked and the leaves start to fall, my schedule gets crazier and crazier. Soccer
season ramps up, school is back in session and, if I’m lucky, I have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table. Meal planning and freezer meals definitely help, but on more than a few occasions I’ve found myself in need of a quick, nutritious meal that my two picky boys will actually eat. Enter these bad boys, courtesy of the back of the Bisquick box — the Ultimate Chicken Fingers! Prep is a snap (hello boneless, skinless chicken tenders!) and cleanup is even easier (I’m talking to you aluminum foil and resealable plastic bag!) I hope these are as big of a hit at your house as they are at mine. Enjoy!
Approximately 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken tenders
2/3 cup original Bisquick mix
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt or garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 egg, slightly beaten
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted*
1. Heat oven to 450° Fahrenheit.
2. Line cookie sheet with foil; spray with cooking spray.
3. In 1-gallon resealable plastic bag, mix Bisquick mix, cheese, salt and paprika.
4. Dip half the chicken strips into egg; place in bag.
5. Seal bag, and shake to coat. Repeat to use the remaining chicken.
6. Drizzle butter over chicken. *
7. Bake 12 to 14 minutes, turning halfway through bake time, until no longer pink in center.
* I skip the ingredient and step marked with an asterisk.
By Joe Tscholl Joe Tscholl is co-owner of Albert Lea’s Snap Fitness and is also a personal trainer there. “For... read more