Kathy Dahl, 1953-2017
Memorial services for Kathy J. Dahl of Albert Lea will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at First Presbyterian Church of Albert Lea. The Rev. Dwight Netzer will officiate. Friends may greet the family from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Bonnerup Funeral Service and one hour prior to the service at the church. Interment will be in East Freeborn Cemetery.
Kathy died Wednesday, May 3, 2017, at her home in Albert Lea. She was 63.
Kathy was born July 9, 1953, in Denver, the daughter of William and Jean (Harlan) Krebs. She graduated from high school in Sullivan, Missouri, in 1971 and Burge School of Nursing in Springfield, Missouri, in 1975.
On Nov. 19, 1976, she was united in marriage to Barry Dahl in Sullivan, Missouri. She had been employed by Cox Medical Center in Springfield, Pella Community Hospital in Pella, Iowa, and Naeve Hospital — now Mayo Clinic Health System in Albert Lea — from 1977 until May 2015 as a registered nurse.
Kathy was a loving mother, grandmother and wife. Her three boys were the center of her life. She loved being a grandmother and loved her grandchildren through and through.
Her love for the Lord was evident to all and she was an active member of First Presbyterian Church. She enjoyed her ski trips to Colorado, winter trips to Florida and weekend bike trips with friends. Kathy had a tribe of friends whom she cared for and shared her life with. Her once-a-month meeting with the old nurse group was always a joy to her.
Kathy is survived by her husband, Barry, of Albert Lea; sons Wes (Kate) Dahl and their children Brent, Jake and Lainey of Albert Lea, Dave (Alyona) Dahl and their daughter, Chloe, of Fort Collins, Colorado, and Preston (Jeanmarie) Dahl of Grand Forks, North Dakota; mother, Jean Krebs, of Sullivan; mother-in-law, Jeanine Dahl, of Albert Lea; and numerous in-laws, friends and family from Albert Lea.
She was preceded in death by her father, William S. Krebs; sister, Carol Krebs; her maternal grandparents; father-in-law, Paul Dahl; and niece, Haley Dahl.
Memorials are preferred to the East Freeborn Cemetery Fund.