5 get arrested in Albert Lea prostitution sting
Published 12:54 am Saturday, September 2, 2017
The Albert Lea Police Department arrested five people this week after a two-day prostitution sting to prevent sex trafficking.
According to a news release, the following were arrested for gross misdemeanor prostitution in a public place:
• Cass Mattew Remmert, 45, Waseca
• David Roy Bird, 49, Mason City
• Scott Michael Green, 33, Clear Lake
• Janis Amanda Gross, 31, St. Charles
• Margaret Mae Legler, 34, Cerro Gordo
The charge is the penalty for hiring, offering to hire or agreeing to hire a person 18 or older for prostitution.