Clarks Grove home severely damaged in house fire
Published 9:01 am Monday, November 13, 2017
CLARKS GROVE — A house sustained severe damage Sunday night in a house fire.
Freeborn County Sheriff’s Office deputies were dispatched shortly after 9 p.m. to the home of Todd and Heather Earl at 202 N.E. Second Ave.
No injuries were reported in the fire.
Email newsletter signup
Todd Earl is chief deputy of the Freeborn County Sheriff’s Office.
Upon arrival, deputies reportedly observed heavy smoke from the roof and visible flames on the south half of the roof, according to the Freeborn County Sheriff’s Office.
The south half of the roof collapsed into the house, and severe smoke and water damage was sustained to the entire home.
The fire reportedly started in the chimney near the roof of the house.
The investigation into the fire is ongoing, and the State Fire Marshal’s Office has been contacted to help with the investigation.
Clarks Grove, Geneva, Hollandale, Albert Lea and Ellendale fire departments and Gold Cross Ambulance assisted.
A GoFundMe page has been set up to assist the family at gofundme.com/todd-heather-earl-house-fire.