Fire causes $10,000 in damage to Albert Lea home
A house fire Friday in Albert Lea reportedly caused $10,000 in light smoke damage to kitchen and attic space.
Albert Lea fire crews were called at 10:30 a.m. to the fire at 308 Euclid Ave. Upon arriving, smoke was found coming from the roof and windows of a second-floor apartment. Tenants of both units were reportedly found in the main apartment unit and evacuated from the building.
The fire was found in the kitchen of a second floor unit, and the fire extended into an attic.
No injuries were reported.
Fire crews reportedly extinguished the fire and were able to keep fire damage to the kitchen and a small part of the attic.
Fire crews remained on scene to extinguish hot spots, according to the release. No damage was sustained to the building’s first floor.
An investigation reportedly showed cooking oil on a stove caught fire and spread.
First responders cleared the scene at 12:30 p.m.
The Albert Lea Fire Department reminded residents that cooking fires are one of the leading causes of home fires and advised using a lid to extinguish them.