Editorial: It’s small-town festival season
Want to experience some small-town pride this summer? Look no further than the communities surrounding Albert Lea.
Summer festivals are kicking off this week and will be taking place throughout the summer.
Here is a rundown of the festivals in the area:
• Worth County Fair, this past Wednesday through this Sunday
• Morin Lake Days in Alden, Friday through Sunday
• Glenville Days, Friday through Sunday
• Ellendale Days, June 21-23
• Kiester Days, June 21-24
• Bricelyn Fourth of July celebration, June 29-July 1
• Northwood Fourth of July celebration, June 29-July 4
• New Richland Farm and City Days, July 6-8
• July Jubilee in Lake Mills, July 13-15
• Emmons Borderfest, Aug. 10-11
• Wells Kernel Days, Aug. 19
These festivals offer entertainment, activities and food for all ages to enjoy and are a result of a lot of hard work and time from many volunteers.
We encourage you to support these area festivals, so they can keep happening for years to come.
You’ll be sure to have a good time.
Ask a Trooper by Troy Christianson Troy Christianson Question: If I rent a properly licensed and lighted tow dolly... read more