Caramel dazzles in cheesecake perfected for fall
Published 4:21 pm Thursday, November 1, 2018
Perfect for the holidays, this deliciously rich cheesecake topped with creamy caramel, crunchy pecans and a wafer crust will be the rave of the party.
Email newsletter signup
46 crushed wafers
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
16-18 whole vanilla wafers for side of form
3 8oz. packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 large eggs, lightly whisked
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325°.
2. Crust: Mix crushed wafers and sugar then stir in melted butter. Press wafer mix onto bottom of a greased 9-inch springform pan.
3. Arrange whole vanilla wafers around sides of pan.
4. Filling: In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Next, beat in sour cream and vanilla. Add lightly whisked eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour over crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
5. Bake until center is nearly set, 55-60 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
6. Topping: In a microwave, melt caramels with milk; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cheesecake; sprinkle with pecans.
To freeze cheesecake, wrap individual portions of cheesecake in plastic wrap and place in a resealable plastic freezer bag. Seal bag and freeze. To use, thaw in the refrigerator.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.