Published 3:35 pm Thursday, July 2, 2020
Local students named to academic lists
• The spring semester dean’s list at Gustavus Adolphus College has been released. The list comprises students who have earned a 3.7 grade point average or higher for the semester ending in May 2020. Local students named to the list were Rachel Rehnelt of Albert Lea; Solveig Stafford of Hartland; Bethany Tennis of Hayward; Kourtney Kulseth, Betsy Schoenrock and Maci Surat of New Richland; Chelsea Boyden of Northwood; and Wendy Martinez Hernandez of Wells.
• More than 12,500 Iowa State University students have been recognized for outstanding academic achievement by being named to the spring semester 2020 dean’s list. Students named to the dean’s list must have earned a grade point average of at least 3.50 on a 4.00 scale while carrying a minimum of nine credit hours of graded course work. Local students named to the list were Albert Lea’s Nathan Buchanan, majoring in aerospace engineering, Emma Loch, majoring in pre-business, Kyle Neidermeier, majoring in aerospace engineering, and Kayla Overland, majoring in food science (H SCI); Julia Hertaus of Alden, majoring in community and regional planning; Adam Legred of Bricelyn, majoring in agricultural business; Emmons’ Emily Orban, majoring in supply chain management, and Nathan Richard Orban, majoring in agricultural business; Ryan Hansen of Freeborn, majoring in agricultural studies; Halee Miller of Glenville, majoring in pre-graphic design; Lake Mills’ Rylee Bowman, majoring in political science, Morgan Fritz, majoring in political science, and Kendall Kirschbaum, majoring in supply chain management; Cole Ignaszewski of New Richland, majoring in mechanical engineering; Northwood’s Brooke Hoeppner, majoring in biology, Mary Irons, majoring in animal science, Jenna Jorgensen, majoring in family and consumer science education and studies, Matthew Parcher, majoring in mechanical engineering, and Julia Quisley, majoring in agricultural business; and Wells’ Dustin Schultz, majoring in software engineering, and Kendra Schultz, majoring in animal science.
Email newsletter signup
• Kirkwood Community College has released its dean’s list for the spring 2020 semester. These students have achieved a 3.3 grade point average or higher after completing 12 or more credit hours at the college. Local students named to the list were Caleb Kliment of Northwood and Brayden Schultz of Wells.
• The College of St. Scholastica announced its spring 2020 dean’s List recipients. Dean’s list members have achieved a 3.75 grade point average or above on a 4.0 scale. Local students named to the list were Kelli Broitzman of Albert Lea, majoring in social work; and Sydney Dahl of Emmons, majoring in health humanities.
• Mercer University announced the president’s list and dean’s list for the spring 2020 semester. Inclusion on these lists requires students to meet rigorous grade point average standards specific to the college or school within the university. Local student Priyadharshine Ramesh Babu of Albert Lea, a senior at the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, was named to the president’s list.
• One hundred thirty-five students were named to the spring 2020 dean’s list at Ellsworth Community College. To be eligible for the dean’s list, students must take 12 or more credit hours during the semester and have earned at least a 3.5 grade point average for the spring 2020 semester. Local student Elizabeth Deml of Ellendal was named to the list.
• Kristina Zimmerman of New Richland was among 300 students from Rochester Community and Technical College who made the president’s list for spring semester ending this past May. To qualify for the president’s list, students must have completed 12 credits or more for the same semester with a 4.0 GPA.
• The University of Minnesota Duluth has announced its dean’s list for spring semester 2020. Students on the dean’s list have achieved a grade point average of 3.5 or higher. Local students named to the list were Madeline Fjermestad-Williams of Albert Lea, Jaxon Heilman of Glenville and Emily Prigge of New Richland.
• Ian Olson of Albert Lea was named to Hamline University’s College of Liberal Arts dean’s list for the spring 2020 semester. To qualify, students must earn a GPA of 3.5 or higher and maintain a full course load.
• The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire extends congratulations to the 3,100 students named to the spring 2020 dean’s list. Local students named to the list were Mallory Baumann of Emmons, Rachael Wallin of Glenville and Emma Barnd of Wells.
• The academic high honor and honor lists (dean’s lists) for the past spring semester at Minnesota State University-Mankato have been announced. Among 4,290 students, a total of 1,485 students qualified for the high honor list by achieving a 4.0 straight A average, while 2,805 students earned a 3.5 to 3.99 average to qualify for the honor list. Local students named to the high honor list were Ellie Aldrich, Mackenzie Anderson, Kylie Brown, Jadin Brue, Jazmin Brue, Cali Cantu, Kalli Citurs and Lisbeth Magdaleno-Garcia of Albert Lea; Samantha Kuethe and Brett Neel of Alden; Luke Monson of Bricelyn; Brianna Anderson of Ellendale; Natalie Aaseth of Geneva; Zachary Slegh of Hollandale; Erika Heideman of Northwood; Juliann Wiersma of Walters; and Claire Christianson, Bailey Olson and Peyton Rollenhagen of Wells. Students named to the honor list were Griffin Gonzalez, Mercedes Saltou and Jarol Santillan Galindo of Albert Lea; Jade Pekarek of Bricelyn; Emily Crabtree, Katelyn Crabtree and Caitlyn Nelson of Ellendale; Karter Sletten of Geneva; Kristi Fett and Christian Nelson of Glenville; Devin Ausen, Nicole Kaupa and Morgan Phillips of Hartland; Jake Stork of New Richland; Chase Boyden of Northwood; and Luz Galindo de Rodriguez, Alexis Mandler, Kelly Neubauer and John Schuster of Wells.
• The University of Wisconsin-Platteville announced its Chancellor’s List, honoring those with perfect 4.0 grade-point averages for the spring 2020 semester. Robyn Maxey of Albert Lea, majoring in elementary education, was named to the list.