House fire damages home in Albert Lea

Published 9:40 am Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

No injuries were reported in a house fire in Albert Lea Monday evening.

Albert Lea Fire Rescue was dispatched at 5:01 p.m. to the home at 1008 Maplehill Drive, where crews found smoke coming from the single-car attached garage and eaves of the home. They confirmed the homeowner was out of the house, but pets remained inside, according to a press release.

Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire, located two dogs and two cats inside, and returned the pets unharmed to the owner.

Email newsletter signup

The press release stated the fire started from a candle getting knocked down in the garage and contacting flammable materials.

Damages are estimated at $40,000.

The Albert Lea Police Department and Mayo Clinic Ambulance Service also responded to the fire.