A whirl of thoughts on a Monday morning
Benjamin Franklin said, “Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.” Great quote but I do find I fall short on the write something worth reading part. I do not know how many of you are aware of the fact that along with this column, I also host a blog and write blog posts for CozyCatChronicles.com along with my Cozy Cat Press author friends. Plus I accept guest spots on other’s blogs. For those of you not familiar with blogs — a blog is a website or web page run by an individual or a small group written in informal or conversational style.
I woke one Monday morning knowing I was due to post on the Cozy Cat Chronicles blog, but my mind on Monday mornings and many other mornings is a frenzy of activity with the things I have to accomplish throughout the day. Since my mind couldn’t decide on a subject for a blog post that day, I chose to give my readers a glimpse into the way my day usually starts in my mind before I get up and get the whirling under control. I decided I would share the blogpost with my column readers.
These are the thoughts that were running through my head when I got up on a recent Monday morning.
• I am so happy the food shelf fundraiser is over, and it was a success. Although I enjoy helping put it together, it is a relief it is over.
• I wonder if Granny should adopt a new mode of dress in “Granny Pins a Pilferer.” How can I keep Granny interesting?
• I hope I got the posts right for the promotions I do for The Wildcat right this week. (The Wildcat LLC is our local restaurant, and I do Facebook posts for them.)
• I need to work on revising my “Something About Nothing” book. Where do I find the time for that?
• Gavin Berg was outstanding on the piano last night. I have to download his music so I can play it whenever I want.
• What day am I going to do another Coffee With Julie?
• My Goodreads contest is over, and I need to send out the books.
• Internet is slow. I need to call my provider and get someone down here.
• The bananas are ripe. I need to use them today. Gluten-free recipe is needed. I must have one on Pinterest.
• Thank you notes need to go out today for the food shelf fundraiser. I also need to get sympathy cards to people.
• I wish I had time to finish Amy Reade’s book, “Secrets of Hallstead House,” that I started — and to listen to the audiobook I have been listening to. “The War Room” must have been a good movie.
• Can’t forget to take my medicine.
• I wish people would take a chance and read “The Penderghast Puzzle Protectors.” They love Granny, but they seem to not want to move on to a new series and they will love Jezabelle Jingle. Maybe I need to promote Jezabelle more, and its a great book if I do say so myself.
• I wonder what’s going to happen on “The Bachelor” tonight.
• I can’t forget to clean the litter boxes.
• What am I going to write on the Cozy Cat Chronicle blog today?
• I need to work on my new Fuchsia book today.
• I need coffee badly!
• I want to stay in bed and read — or maybe I want to get up and just color.
• Where are my cats?
• The sun is shining. It’s going to be a beautiful day.
• Time to get up and do my devotions and get to work.
As you can see, my mind is in a whirl when I wake up. Usually it takes me time with gratitude and devotion to settle me down. And yes, these are the tasks I need to accomplish today along with a few others, such as cleaning my kitchen.
What is your morning like when you wake up? Does it twirl dizzily like mine, or is it cool, calm and collected. If it is, pass on your secret to me.
Until next time, frenzied mind signing off.
Wells resident Julie Seedorf’s column appears every Monday. Send email to her at email@example.com. Her Facebook page is http://www.facebook.com/julie.